Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Where's the beef, Mama?


If you had told me a year ago that we would be having this much fun, I'd have laughed in your face. This kid. Seriously. So. Much. Fun. Charlie is so happy and giggly and hammy. And the rolls. Dude has legit fat rolls, that I spend most of my days pinching. I'm so excited to take this ball of squish to his doctors check up tomorrow. They won't recognize this ham from the 4lb9oz fuzzball I brought in 6 months ago.

So. My boy has started eating. FOOD! So far, we've had sweet potatoes, avocado, and applesauce. I was going to do baby led weaning and still may, but for now, we're loosely eating homemade baby food. I say loosely, because he eats under 5 bites all told. Today, he fed himself with his spoon. Yep. Just under 6 months old and using a utensil.

This week, I purchased a high chair. A whopping $15 one from Ikea. I refuse to spend a shit ton of money on something that will need to be easily hosed off after every meal. $15? done. 


Playing with the drool rag that we must keep handy 24/7. This kid is a faucet. His first tooth has broken through, but it's nearly impossible to actually get a picture of it. 


Yesterday was our first real play date with my mom's group. Cupcakes and then the park.  Here are Benjamin and Charlie. All the kids there had great names... 
Alexander, Greyson, Graham, Benjamin, and Charlie.


There are now full out conversations with Murphy, the sheep dog.


And his new favorite place to chill, his chair.